- While in this line, you will fill out a form titled Student Release Form.
- When you make it to the front of this line, the person in charge will take your form, check your I.D., and verify that you are allowed to pick up the child you are requesting (based on who you listed on the emergency form filled out at the beginning of the school year). You may only take someone else’s child if you are listed as an emergency contact on his/her form.
- A runner will be sent to retrieve your child. You will be sent to the second line entitled “Reunion Release”.
- When your child arrives with the runner, the person in charge at the STEP 2 table will again check your I.D. You will then be asked to sign that you have been reunited with your child.
- All the paperwork will remain with the staff at the school.
- You may now leave with your child.
- If this is a severe emergency, the school’s full “Incident Command System” will most likely be in place. We will need volunteers. If you can stay to help, please do so.
- If you have arrived before the Parent Check-In/Reunion Release staff has set up, please be patient. You may not leave with your child until you have gone through both steps outlined above. Consider volunteering to help in the set up.
- The parking lot will most likely be closed off to allow access only for emergency vehicles. If you live close, please walk to the school. If you need to drive, park on one of the streets close by.
- Stay calm; be helpful: Your child is in the safe care of familiar, loving hands.
- Please do not call the school.
- Call the Lake Washington School District office: People will have the time to get the information you want. (425) 936-2570.
- If you come to the school during an emergency, please follow the directions from staff and volunteers – they will be wearing orange vests to be easily identifiable and can share how to wait, to be patient and to help others.
- Bring your photo ID. Park offsite & walk on to the school.
- Go to the Parent Check-In Area: (most likely the school parking lot, but may be in a different location depending on the type of emergency.). Do not enter the school. Please go through all the procedures as instructed before removing your child from the school.
- Help everyone help every child. Talk to other parents. Contact your family members.
Inclement Weather or Earthquake Emergency Conditions
|When emergency conditions such as snow and ice, windstorms or earthquakes result in school schedule changes, the district will use one of the plans outlined below.|
The following are canceled:
If conditions change during the day, special arrangements may be made for some activities.
All schools start two hours late.
Dismissals at regular times unless otherwise announced. When necessary, early dismissal times are announced before noon.
A variation of these plans will be announced if necessary due to power failure or other conditions. Be sure to keep this information handy to help you understand the brief notifications you will hear over radio and television